- Part 4, Reading and Drawing The Lord of the Rings: On Fear, Knowledge and Power
- Ode to Procrastination
- Tolkien’s Art and How it Influenced His Writing: Drawing to Discover
- CS Lewis’ Response to Critics of The Lord of the Rings: The Dethronement of Power
- Reading and Drawing the Lord of the Rings Part 3: On Being an Oddity
- Follow Earth and Oak on WordPress.com
© earthandoak.wordpress.com 2018
Monthly Archives: May 2013
Rainforest, Singapore Walking along the Tree-tops you have a panoramic view of the lush rainforest – the forest feels free, abundant, alive. These rainforests are the great engines of the entire planet, working in majestic harmony with the rest of … Continue reading
The water was so clear and the sky so blue, that the river seemed to have captured a perfect photograph of the line of willow trees that lined its banks.
Green Hill Country by Ted Nasmith. Another faithful rendering of the essence and spirit of Tolkien’s writing by Nasmith! I am re-reading The Fellowship of the Ring at the moment, and have just finished the chapters ‘Three is Company’ and … Continue reading
The natural colour is so vibrant, and so uplifting – ironically, if I tried to recreate it in a painting, it would look unrealistic! Richmond Park, England.