- Part 4, Reading and Drawing The Lord of the Rings: On Fear, Knowledge and Power
- Ode to Procrastination
- Tolkien’s Art and How it Influenced His Writing: Drawing to Discover
- CS Lewis’ Response to Critics of The Lord of the Rings: The Dethronement of Power
- Reading and Drawing the Lord of the Rings Part 3: On Being an Oddity
- Follow Earth and Oak on WordPress.com
© earthandoak.wordpress.com 2018
Monthly Archives: March 2015
Last spring I went on a hike from Gomshall to Guildford, along the South Downs but a fairly flat gradient – definitely a more relaxing hike, with pleasant scenery and passing quaint villages and farmsteads on the way. I used … Continue reading
A friend sent me this engaging presentation by Brandon Rhodes. It’s great viewing for anyone who loves Tolkien’s work, and would like to know more about the process, hard work, motivation and discussions that went into his writings.
I was once asked for some of my favourite quotations from The Lord of the Rings. Thinking about this question, I pondered on the ones that often get repeated – of these, the most common, and frankly now unoriginal one, … Continue reading
There are many good things in life that make you feel content and happy. One of those is nostalgic memories – a warm feeling that cannot fail to put a smile on your face.