- CS Lewis’ Response to Critics of The Lord of the Rings: The Dethronement of Power
- Reading and Drawing the Lord of the Rings Part 3: On Being an Oddity
- What Hobbits Knew All Along: Walking Barefoot is Good For You
- The Lord of the Rings Through The Eyes Of An 11 Year Old
- On Writing Freely and ‘NaNoWriMo’
- Follow Earth and Oak on WordPress.com
© earthandoak.wordpress.com 2018
Originally posted on Earth and Oak:
A Hobbit Hole “In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.” (The Hobbit ~ J.R.R.Tolkien) So begins one of the most iconic adventure stories, in the humblest of settings. Tolkien afterwards explained…
Earth Day in Kuala Lumpur, just before the lights went out!
Here is a spectacular island of caves, coves and stacks I met when hiking along the South West Coastal path, northeast of Newquay in Cornwall.
For someone who is scared of heights, this experience rated quite high on the vertigo scale…
Rainforest, Singapore Walking along the Tree-tops you have a panoramic view of the lush rainforest – the forest feels free, abundant, alive. These rainforests are the great engines of the entire planet, working in majestic harmony with the rest of … Continue reading